maandag 10 september 2018

Succesformule

Opnieuw maakte ik de gouden combi: een paneel van Lillestoff en een tot jurk verlengde Hibernis van Sofilantjes. Succes gegarandeerd!

Again I made one of my favourites: a Lillestoff panel print and the Hibernis pattern by Sofilantjes lengthened to a dress length. Guaranteed to be a success! 

TO CONTINUE IN ENGLISH PLEASE SCROLL DOWN

Net als bij de vorige versie was het ook nu weer even puzzelen om de mooiste combi te maken qua stoffen. De keus voor het turquoise was gauw gemaakt. Voor de boordjes twijfelde ik even. Ik was bang dat de draagster het mosterdgele niet mooi zou vinden. Maar ik vergiste me want dat is geen mosterdgeel. Nee zeg......het is goud! De keus was snel gemaakt!

Ik was niet de enige die wel wat zag in deze patroon en stoffen combi. Waarschijnlijk was ik onbewust geïnspireerd geraakt door deze versie bij Naaisgerief... En maakte twee jaren later iets behoorlijk soortgelijks. Bedankt voor de onbewuste inspiratie Tinne!


Het is waarschijnlijk wel één van de laatste keren dat ik een Hibernis jurkje uit een Lillestoff paneel kan krijgen. Voor deze heb ik echt de volledige hoogte van het paneel gebruikt. Dus als mijn dame zo doorgaat met groeien dan wordt deze succesformule wel onzedig kort. Of gewoon een sweater natuurlijk, hahaha!

Patroon: Hibernis Cowl Shirt van Sofilantjes (verlengd tot jurk)
Stof: 'Mangagirls' door SUSAlabim voor Lillestoff


ENGLISH


As with the previous Hibernis dress, I found that making the perfect combination in fabrics to be one of the most fun but tricky parts. The mint/turquoise was an obvious choice, but then... For the ribbing and binding I was in doubt. I feared my girl would not like the mustard yellow, not being the girliest of colours... But I was wrong, because you know, that is not mustard! Noooo what was I thinking?! It is golden......


Actually I was not the first to match this fabric with the Hibernis pattern. Probably I was unconsciously inspired by the dress Naaisgerief had made. Because two years later I kinda made the exact same thing. I am pretty sure I must have seen her version at that time. But I did not realise I was copying hers. Funny how the mind and memory works. Anyway...thank you for your inspiration Tinne!


Probably this is the last time that I can turn a Lillestoff panel into a Hibernis dress for my girl. I really used up the full length of the panel and added some extra length to the band on the bottom. But if my girl keeps growing likes she does now, then this dress will become too short too soon.... Ah well, I can always make a sweater of course, hahaha! As the pattern was intended anyway.....

PatternHibernis Cowl Shirt by Sofilantjes (lengthened to dress)
Fabric: 'Mangagirls' by SUSAlabim for Lillestoff (sold out)

2 opmerkingen: